Time to Fix the Broken U.S. Healthcare System
Respected Florida Surgeon Offers Seven Solutions to Save U.S. Healthcare
MIAMI, FL – September 29, 2020 – (LATINX NEWSWIRE) – Dr. Alejandro Badia is no stranger to the flaws and frustrations of the U.S. healthcare system. A leading hand surgeon with a medical degree from NYU, multiple accolades, and decades of experience, Dr. Badia (Baa DEE ah) has spent more than a quarter-century in the trenches of U.S. healthcare. His new book Healthcare from the Trenches is an open discussion of the failure of the U.S. healthcare system from the perspectives of its “providers” and patients—perspectives today’s healthcare debate sorely lacks. To order book from Amazon, click here.
Dr. Badia shares the input from 27 contributors including physicians, therapists, nurses, hospital administrators, offering these seven solutions:
- 1) Involve healthcare providers in the healthcare conversation—not just politicians, lobbyists, and insurance administrators who have no medical training or experience in patient care.
- 2) Get rid of the middle-man—administrators and insurance companies—in the healthcare system to create a more efficient and less bloated system. Additional administrators only add to the cost of healthcare while doing nothing to contribute to actual care.
- 3) Require Hospitals and Health Insurance companies become Non-Profit. Eliminate multi-million dollar salaries to executives for ‘withholding’ care to keep costs down and their paychecks UP!
- 4) Encourage more all-in-one facilities so patients do not need to wait weeks for results they should be able to see in a few hours. Not only does this streamline care, but it significantly reduces costs as well.
- 5) Require increased transparency in healthcare pricing.
- 6) Teach Doctors to collaborate rather than compete. They must stand together in the healthcare debate, offering solutions rather than capitulating to lobbyists and insurance companies.
- 7) Educate the public on the issues doctors and patients face from today’s inefficient healthcare system. Change can only come from a public that demands it.
Instead of simply squatting under the dark cloud of our current healthcare system, Dr. Badia stands tall and offers the opinions and perspectives of healthcare providers and patients.”
– Grady Harp, Amazon Top 50 Hall of Fame Reviewer, 5-stars
Dr. Badia explains, “Despite the political debates and media coverage on healthcare policy and reform, there remains little or no feedback from the people in the trenches—the physicians and other health care professionals who provide care to the patients. That’s why I wrote Healthcare from the Trenches. My hope is that a broader discussion of the issues can be a catalyst to positive change.”
Dr. Badia is the founder and chief medical officer of the Florida-based OrthoNOW®, a pioneering network of single-specialty, immediate orthopedic care centers in South Florida.
Dr. Badia passionately believes that the key participants in every healthcare transaction deserve a voice, and this is just what Healthcare from the Trenches does.”
– Susan Keefe, Midwest Book Review and Columbia Book Review, 5-stars
“The goal is to provide the patient with the care they need, at the time they need it, minimizing any interference to that process,” says Dr. Badia. “This is a life and death matter and people are dying because of a flawed system. It’s time for every American to be educated about the root causes of our healthcare crisis and demand meaningful reform.”