‘The Last Biome’ by Chicago Lawyer Hazel Espinar to Engage Youth in Conservation through Mythical Characters
CHICAGO, IL – April 17, 2014 – (HISPANICIZE WIRE) – Hazel R. Espinar, Chicago lawyer, is the author of “The Last Biome,” which is the first in a series of fast-paced adventure novels designed to educate, entertain and engage middle school children about the importance of conservation and the environment.
“The Last Biome” will be introduced to the public at a book party from 6-9 p.m., Thursday, April 24th at The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.
The first book starts with four young children who, prompted by their discovery of a strange white frog, accidentally open a pathway to a parallel world called Norefole. There they learn that some Norefolians have been traveling to Earth to save their native land and endangered species while others have been trying to destroy them.
The evening will have a brief panel discussion to include:
– Hazel R. Espinar, author and lawyer
– Deborah Lahey, president and CEO of Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
– Marcelo Suárez Salvia, consul general of Argentina in Chicago and former delegate to the Second Committee in the United Nations General Assembly, which deals with environmental issues and sustainable development
– Susan Connor, urban planner, constitutional and land use/zoning attorney and law professor
– Matias Delfino, United Nations brand strategist and artist
– Moderator by Bill Moller, host, WGN Radio.
The evening also will include a video presentation of local Chambers of Commerce presidents reporting on their business communities’ green initiatives, a live enactment of the never-published epilogue directed by Doug McDade from Shatter Globe Theater, and an art exhibit showcasing the book’s illustrator, Lawrence D. Colburn. There will be a mix and mingle opportunity with like-minded individuals, full access to the museum and hors d’oeuvres and drinks will be served.
The author will be available to sign copies of “The Last Biome,” published by Six Pine Alley, LLC. The book will also be available for purchase.
To RSVP for the book launch you must register at [email protected] or http://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-last-biome-the-opening-party-tickets-11059411999. There is no fee to attend, but seating is limited so an early response is recommended.